Friday, September 19, 2014

Wow! What a busy few days this has been...

It's been a busy few days since my last post. I have got to  make sure I post more often.

Well let's see if I can recap some of what has been happening...

Wednesday was a quiet day at home.  We only got in 2 good training sessions where Willow was paying attention.  The rest of the time she was in puppy land and didn't want to come out of it. I should make her work more.
That night was Puppy Train and Play class.  Willow sure loves that class!  She wants to spend all of her time on the play portion!   After a false start or two she began to pay attention and did a good job on the training.  We began to work on recall last night. That was fun.  Allie and I took turns calling Willow to us.  She quickly figured out what we were doing and after a few times she was like, "ok it's time to go to someone else, I need a change of scenery".  She can be so funny.

Yesterday we didn't do a lot.  I was on a clear liquid diet in prep for my colonoscopy on Friday.  It gave me a massive headache and I was very lightheaded.  So besides having to work all day I also did a lot of playing with Willow and tried to practice some of her behaviors in our play.  After work I took her to my friend Kaylynn's home.  She was watching Willow for me since I had to do my evening prep and be up at 2 am to finish my colonoscopy prep.  then head in for the procedure.  I am so glad it is done and the doctor said I don't need to go back for another for 10 years!  Whoo Hoo!

When I brought Willow home she was exhausted.  Not only did she spend a lot of time playing with Nacho but she also played with 2 of Kaylynn's grandkids.  They wore each other out!  She slept for 2 hours when she got home.  This evening we spent playing and I tried to get a couple of sessions in but Willow was not co-operating.  I think she was still tired because all she wanted to do was lay around.  She didn't want to play but she did want to chew on her antler.

Well tomorrow is another day.

I received an email from Amazon today that my cookbooks will be arriving on Monday.  I am so excited!  2 years ago I finished a cookbook for family members that was a collection of recipes from both sides of my family and both sides of my husbands family.  It came out really well.  So well in fact that when I needed to have money to train Willow I obtained permission from the family members to reprint the recipes and sell them as long as I took out the family info, pictures, and stories.  So I redid the book added in some new graphics and some quotes, designed a nice cover and  now I have a cookbook that is available on Amazon in the Kindle format as well as a paper format. I will be using all of my royalties towards training Willow.  I only need to sell 500-1000 to have enough money.  But it will be worth every penny.  Willow is already shaping up to be a great dog and as she grows she will become a great service dog.

The recipes in the cookbook go back to the 1880's and possibly earlier and come up to our current day.  I have called it "Family Favorites Through the Generations, From our Family to yours"

Here's a link to my book...

http://tinyurl.com/pqzg22y

Till next time my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment